Peel Language Development School Council was established in 2002 when the school opened.
The purpose of the school council is taken directly from the Department of Education’s policy for school governance. The School Council is formed with the fundamental purpose of engaging in activities that will improve an educational program of the school or the management of the school’s facilities and be in the best interest of students.
The duties of the council are:
- Establishing and reviewing the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- The planning and ratification of financial arrangements necessary to fund the school’s objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Evaluating the school’s performance in achieving its objectives, priorities and general policy directions;
- Endorsing codes of conduct for students at the school;
- To determine the students dress code; and
- To promote the school in the community.
- Charges and contributions for the provision of certain materials, services and facilities pursuant to Section 99(4) of the School Education Act;
- Extra cost optional components of an educational program pursuant to Section 100 (3) of the School Education Act;
- Items of personal use in an educational program pursuant to Section 108(2) of the School Education Act; and
- Agreements or arrangements for advertising or sponsorship in relation to the school.
Our 2014 School Council is made up of:
- Fiona Forbes – Principal
- Marion Chatfield – Registrar
- Kristen Aird –Speech Pathologist
- Amanda Harper – Staff Representative
- Michelle Williams – Chairperson
- Vicki Huddock – Parent representative
- Kim Farmer – Parent representative
- Karen Bonavita – Parent representative
- Vanessa Harris – Parent Representative